Wednesday 20 January 2016

FACTS ABOUT VISION -3

Yesterday we learnt that Vision  Demands Communication. Today we'd learn about surrender.

VISION DEMANDS SURRENDER

This word doesn't come across frequently in daily conversations. It's not a Word that people love to use or like to be associated with them. I do not like it either. But if as a Visionary I'm to succeed in God's purpose for me, I'd always have to surrender, to submit to God ALWAYS. It cannot be different for you. It's not in the human nature to want to relinquish power to another. But Vision demands Surrender. You cannot run it without the Divine Hand. Abraham Lincoln once said "My concern is not whether God is on our side. My greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right". When you Surrender your Vision it positions you on God's side, and whatever God is Involved in can never Fail. Leke Alder wrote "God wants us to submit to him, he  doesn't want to subject us"

This was where the men of Babel failed. There was no record of prayer to God on this massive project. They sought to "Make a name for themselves". According to Jesus when our light so shines before men, the glory is meant to come back to God. But these men were out make a name for themselves. They sought to glory in their achievements, in their creativity, in their teamwork.

David intended to build the Temple of God to which he was stopped and had to transfer the vision to his son Solomon. He must have surrendered the vision to God for him to know he would have to direct his son to act on it.
Surrender increases the potential and power of your Vision. You may be in charge but let God be in control.

The feeding of the 5000 was an awesome testimony of this. The little boy surrendered his 5 loaves and 2 fishes and in the end over 5000 people were fed with remnants left over.

I remember some years ago while the vision for the Youth Organization was still starting up, I did everything alone, I went on evangelism alone, prayed all alone, was overly weighed down, it got to a point I had to surrender it all to God and that day I got a Word in my Spirit. He said to me "from today you'd experience EASE". EASE was just the Word that kept coming to me. There have been challenges so far to surmount but I trust God's grace and Word so much that I cannot be stranded in the Journey of Destiny.

ACTION POINT
1. Intentionally Surrender to God the vision for your life. If the men of Babel had done that they would have seen the bigger picture God had in mind for them which was to Subdue and have Dominion on the Earth.
2. Let God be in control while you be in charge. Let God give directions while you execute as directed.

Your questions and comments have been helpful. Keep them coming.

Your Friend in the Journey of Vision,

Oluwatobi Adesanya
@_tobiadesanya
08134993450

3 comments:

  1. You're right Pastor. Submission is key and God must be in control, always. More Grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Truly. We can only go so Far without God.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Yes Truly. We can only go so Far without God.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete