Wednesday 16 December 2015

PUT YOUR BODY UNDER

Naturally from birth, we've been programmed to respond to whatever the flesh demands, from the crying baby to the angry man, from the glutton to the addict, each one responds to the dictates of the flesh. However, we are in the New Testament times, we operate by a different set of rules.

The scripture says  "Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh". Your body is subject to your spirit, which is also your inner man. Now that you're in Christ, you are a new creation and you've got the Divine Nature (2 Peter 1:3-4). Your Divine status supersedes your earthly status.

I've come to realise that our feelings are voices, and indeed a Language, a Language spoken by the body. The next time when your body tries to tell you not to fast, or to attend that prayer meeting, or to go for that vigil, you can always speak to it. God created you to have Dominion and that must begin by conquering your selfish desires. That's what Adam and Eve failed to do. They were created to dominate the earth, but they failed the very first test to conquer their own selves. Thank God for the restoration that has come through Jesus our Lord.

Central Truth: Your body is subject to your spirit and not the other way around.

FOCUS SCRIPTURE: Romans 8:12

CONFESSION
I am not a slave to my body.
I respond to the directions in my Spirit man.
I do not indulge myself in selfish pleasures.
I pursue godliness at all times.
My body is the temple of God.
.......
Few days to the new year. Don't just seek for another year Plan, drawn out a Life Plan for your life with the partnership of the Spirit.
.....

Youth Devotional
@DailyDealings
Like on Facebook (Daily Dealings)

No comments:

Post a Comment