Tuesday 8 March 2016

CDS

Before you get excited, I don't mean Community Development Service. I mean something quite different. Over the decades and centuries there have been a number of diseases and sicknesses that have plagued mankind. Some like Malaria, Fever  have been solved and the number of cases and deaths reduced drastically. There's one I just discovered. Do you know what it is? It's called Character Deficiency Syndrome. Have you heard of it?

When a youth doesn't see anything wrong in disrespecting an elder, or someone in authority irrespective of the sphere of life, such is under this plague? When a young man finds it difficult to keep his hands to himself when with a lady, it also shows he's affected by this syndrome. When someone can't be trusted to handle money, this plague is at work. Money, Title, Power and Status doesn't Build Character, it actually REVEALS it. Circumstances reveal character.

When David was anointed King, it revealed who he really was. The Kingship revealed his heart for God, his Godliness, his Care for people. It revealed his reverence for God. When he had the chance to end Saul's life he declined. Why? He didn't see Saul as his enemy, he saw him as God's Anointed, the king of Israel. He could have become a murderer that instant but he couldn't, his real identity was that of a man that Feared God.

I'd like you to know tonight that Money, Titles, Power and Status will surely come, when they do what will it reveal? Will it reveal a glutton, a thief,  a womanizer, someone who lacks integrity? Or would it reveal someone with a heart for God, one who cares, gives and have the concern of others at heart?

You don't have to wait till then. You can start by examining yourself in the WORD and Prayerfully as well. David said "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me  in the way everlasting"-Psalm 139:23-24. You can do the same.

Are you Character Deficient?

PRAY:

Lord, as I look into the Word and Pray, help me to see myself as I really am and make changes in Jesus Name.

Grow in Grace,

Oluwatobi Adesanya

No comments:

Post a Comment