Wednesday 30 March 2016

It Speaks Louder


I once read a quote reads thus: Who you are speaks so loud that I can't even hear what you're saying. Yes that's the case with our character. One time I saw a video someone shared (Perhaps you've seen it too). A female preacher was speaking (Preaching) the Word (Anointed). Her Nipples were almost popping out of her blouse, to show you how low her top was, she wore a mini skirt.... The amazing thing is she spoke the Word with such clarity and boldness (Should I say effontry).

In as much as there's no Christian kind of dressing, there's only Modesty and Moderation, there's nothing that warrants such a bold display.....

What happens when Who you are SOUNDS Louder than what you say? People ignore you.  No matter how many Scriptures you quote or the size of your Bible people will disregard you.

The Validity of your convictions is not in the words you say but in your Actions. What Message is your Character sending to the Public? Are people straining their ears to hear you?

Jesus gave us a Perfect Example. God himself commanded that everyone should listen to Jesus after His Baptism.

Why?

He had passed a major test of Character, the test of Humility and Submission to John even though He was the Son(God in Himself). The gospels says "This is my Beloved Son in whom I am well pleased, Hear Ye Him" - Matthew 17:5

Prayer:

Lord, help me to pass the little tests of Character that you bring my way in Jesus Name.

Grow in Grace,

Oluwatobi Adesanya

No comments:

Post a Comment