Thursday 1 June 2017

Condemnation Kills

The other day a very special friend came around and I found out that she had an injury on her leg, immediately I took her to a nurse around the area to dress the wound. As soon the nurse touched the surface of the wound (with cotton wool soaked in Mentholated Spirit), she screamed and wiggled her leg away from the touch, this ensued for minutes before we were done. Here was the solution to the problem, yet she was running away from it.

In much the same way, I've come to discover that when people fall or experience a setback in life, rather than running to God (where the solution is) they run away from Him (thinking the solution could be out there somewhere). Just like my she was wriggling away from the touch of the nurse (who had the key to healing the wound), many of us flee from the presence of God (like Adam) rather than running to Him.

In the book of Genesis when Adam and his wife had sinned, they realized they were naked and immediately they began to sew fig leaves. Let me say here that *SIN WILL REDUCE YOU*. Imagine people whom God clothed with glory, they now became people wearing leaves, they suddenly became tailors just to cover their shame.

Irrespective of the power of sin, God is still very much interested in us. The joy of restoration is always greater than the pain of correction.

One song I listened to has this lyrics, _"I'm running, I'm running, I'm running to the mercy seat..."_ That should be our attitude when we fall.

So, where are you right now? Because of a past fault are you running away from God or running towards Him?

*The farther away you run from God the more you open yourself to be a victim for the enemy.*

Embrace the loving arms of God now. Condemnation drags one faster back into sin than temptation can.

Condemnation kills. Embrace the loving arms of the Father (Yes, He will correct you, but He will restore you)

*Prayer:*

Lord, I run to the mercy seat today. I choose to be trained by your arms of correction while I enjoy your restoration in Jesus name.

Focus Scripture- Romans 8:1

Oluwatobi Adesanya
For Daily Dealings Youth Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment