Sunday 11 June 2017

God only needs to perceive your repentance?

In one documentary I watched about sharks, I learned that they are so sensitive that they could perceive blood miles away from where it is spilled. In other words, they are attracted by the scent of blood. When they sense it, they swim rapidly to the spot to feed on their prey...sometimes these prey are humans too.

Now, do you know that in much the same way when God perceives (even in your thoughts) that you repent from a sin or you demonstrate the willingness to return to Him (this includes being genuinely sorry  for wrongs done), He comes with an entourage of His Grace and mercy to rescue you from the bondage of that sin?

When the lost son was still in the strange land far from his father, he began to talk to himself, he said, "I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee, and am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me one of thy hired servants. And he arose, and came to his father..."

I love that final part. It says, "And he arose, and came to his father..." he not only was remorseful and truly sorry for his sins, he repented (proved by action).

When his father saw (perceived repentance) he had compassion and ran to him, kissed him and celebrated his return.

This reveals a whole lot for us today. Immediately the father had seen him, his heart went out to him.

Friends, no matter how far you've gone from God, He still expects you back. Whenever he senses (Like the sharks do) that you have a change of mind, he comes with all His might to rescue you.

In Yoruba, the word "repentance" is "ironupiwada" translated it means something like "A deep change of mind/thinking that affects a change in behavior and character" That's repentance!

So, the son that left in pride, arrogance returned home with remorse, humility and submission. He knew he missed it and was willing to retrace his steps.

The only person that cannot retrace his step is the devil, you can still retrace yours (as long as  we are alive). Repent and return and see God receive you with His strong arms of mercy and grace.

Do you receive this tonight?

Prayer

Lord, I turn from every thing I've done against you. I repent of my wrong deeds (mention them) receive me to yourself in Jesus Name.

Oluwatobi Adesanya
For Daily Dealings Youth Devotional

NB: I apologize for not sending this yesterday. It was already prepared, but I had issues with power supply. All gadgets were off.

No comments:

Post a Comment