Saturday 3 June 2017

So, where are you?

At a point in time, my mentor and Pastor, Temiloluwa Ola, said to me "Tobi, for a long time you just disconnected from me. I couldn't even pick you on my radar." This sent a strong signal to me. God had by divine arrangements made him My Pastor since my service year and today he's still My Pastor though he's not based in Lagos.

In much the same way, we may all be on earth but there are certain people who are off the radar of God. This must have been the case with Adam when God came calling in the garden saying, "Adam, where are you?"

Though God is everywhere and nothing can be hidden from him, yet what we do can isolate us from his presence and influence. Because of our self will and power to choose, we can make certain decisions that will send us far from God.

The lost son which Jesus spoke about did the same thing. He made the choice not only to take the inheritance he was not ripe for, he went into a far country - so says the scripture. It now further says and There he spent his substance.

Whenever we go far from God, we expend our substance. This includes every blessing God has given us, we detach from all the profitable relationships God has placed in our lives. The farther we go away from God, the more we expose ourselves to the one who comes to Kill, steal and destroy.

Adam hid behind trees when God sought for him. Today, what tree are you hiding behind? Are you hiding behind the tree of your job, your relationship, your business, or some other habit you're engaged in? What's your excuse for absconding from God's presence?

When you stay away from fellowship with God you become prey to the enemy. Don't let the enemy waste all God has given you before you realize that you need Him more than anything.

Prayer

Lord, I come out of everything that's taking me away from you. I want full restoration in Jesus Name.

Oluwatobi Adesanya
For Daily Dealings Youth Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment