Thursday 15 June 2017

There is enough blood

There is a song Travis Greene sang over and over at the Experience last year. My favorite part of the song is where it says, "On the hill there is the cross, on the cross there is blood for me...the blood is flowing down." How beautiful are those lyrics for us today. It may have been over 2000 years ago since Jesus died for us, but His blood still speaks better things for you and I today.

We usually sing, "The blood of Jesus sets me free, from sin and sorrow." This is very true for us today. We must realize that God values blood. In Leviticus we are told that, "Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins." How true! God works wonders through His blood.

Remember when the Prodigal son returned home, the father asked that they killed the fattened calf to celebrate his return. In so much joy, his father said, "And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry" (Luke 15:23, KJV). So, they began to make merry for his return.

Friends, do you know that while they were rejoicing, a ram was dying losing its own life (its blood was shed)? Interestingly, it wasn't just any calf, it was a fattened one. in fact the brother attested to the fact that this ram was special (probably reserved). Do you realize that God also has slain his best for your sake? The lamb of God was slain from the foundation of the world for us. God sent His Only Son to die for your sins. His death gave you life, his fall, gave you the opportunity to rise. You can be sure that the price that God paid for you is greater than any sin you may have committed.

I've always thought to myself that one drop of the blood of Jesus is enough to cleanse all the sins of the most notorious sinner.

You have been bought with a price and that price is the very blood, the life of Jesus.

Blood has been shed for you. The fattened calf has been killed for your sake. You can make merry with God today, because a sacrifice was paid- The Lamb of God.

Won't you return home now?

Prayer:

Father, I believe that you have shed your blood for me. I believe that the blood that was shed was for my sake. I receive your sacrifice for me. I am made whole in Jesus name.

Oluwatobi Adesanya
For Daily Dealings Youth Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment