Monday 9 January 2017

Do you know you're a savior?

Recently I got praying with a brother, and while in God's presence, an understanding came to me as regards how the birth of Jesus was in a very unique way similar to when we also became born again.

When Jesus was born, there was a record in the book of Luke that says "And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,"
-Luke 2:13

The heavenly host began to rejoice that finally the long awaited salvation for mankind had been born on earth.

How does this relate to you and I?

Many ways. The scripture records that whenever a sinner gets saved heaven rejoices. Here it reads; "I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance."

There was joy when Jesus was born, the first record of an heavenly host rejoicing. The next time, Jesus helps us see that the heavens also rejoice the same way when a sinner repent and is saved.

The angels rejoiced on the birth of the Saviour and they also rejoiced when we were born into the Kingdom. This means that you and I are also "saviours" in our own little way, and in the measure to which God has called us. That's why Paul could say "Christ in you the hope of Glory", that's why Jesus later said "As the Father hath sent me, so send I you", the Prophet Obadiah had already confirmed this when he wrote "And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD'S."

Friends, you are a savior; not to save the world from sin (Jesus has finished that already), you and I are to be agents in extending all that God made available to us via salvation.

As a visionary, you need to understand that God has ordained you to be a savior to those who He has called you to. It may be to save people from depression, life destroying habits, academic failure, laziness, lack of zeal for God etc. You are a savior. As long as you've received the Savior (Jesus) you are to be like Him.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to see myself as a saviour to those you have sent me to. Help me to extend all that you have made available through Jesus to others in Jesus Name.

Oluwatobi Adesanya
For Daily Dealings Youth Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment