Thursday 12 January 2017

We have two destinies (Part 1)


A couple of years back, I was troubled with the question of success. I couldn't understand how certain folks who were not in the Faith could be so prosperous with many of them even fulfilling scripture where giving is concerned. There are world billionaires that "lend unto nations", several of them today could buy up several countries with the wealth they have been able to build, and most amazing is that these men are extremely generous.

Now, how does this concern you and I

Remember before we were "formed in the womb"God had a plan of us, this is irrespective of the family or faith which the family practices. Some people go on to succeed so much that they impact so many lives globally, yet there are those who embrace the gospel of Christ and only make a little impact or none at all, they struggle through life and I can't help but ask myself "Whatever happened to the riches of His glory in Christ," "Whatever happened to the promise that we will have dominion, be fruitful and all that."

God finally stopped me in my thoughts recently, he said "Everyone has two destinies. Everyone is given an earthly destiny and a divine destiny." He further said "those who achieve success without me have only tapped into their earthly destiny, they are yet to tap into their divine destiny."

Friends, you have two destinies. God's plan is that the two be woven into one.

In the coming days, we will be exploring how this relates to you and I and practical examples in the scriptures. This is still the month of vision and this topic will surely bless our lives tremendously.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to understand my destiny in Jesus Name.

Oluwatobi Adesanya
For Daily Dealings Youth Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment