Wednesday 11 January 2017

Do you know your real worth?



A friend came over to the house one evening, he had been teaching in a school where they were paying him so little. This was someone that I usually teased that he had "ten talents" and that was true in every way. He could do so many things almost flawlessly. But, his bank account and pocket were not commensurate with the measure of value he gave out. What's more about him is that he had a big and powerful vision of where he sees himself in a couple of years. At one time, on while he spoke, I was electrified listening to him discuss his dreams and vision. I knew God was taking him somewhere.

Despite all these, he was complaining... who wouldn't. I guess I'd do the same too. As he kept on talking with me, I was lost for words, I didn't know how to help him. In that moment, an inspired thought landed in my consciousness, "The real worth of a man is not the size of his salary, it is the size of his vision." I didn't hesitate, I knew it was for him. Immediately, I paused him in his complaint and said to the exact same words to him. He became quiet, I expanded on this thought more and that ended the conversation.

Friends, can I say to you tonight. Your real worth is not the amount they pay you in that school, organization or wherever you're working. Your real worth is not what people say about you, or what your results and grades in your school reflect. Your real worth is the size of YOU that God sees and is willing to reveal.

If we were to really calculate your worth, think on this. Jesus (God, the Son) gave his life for you completely, his innocent blood redeemed you, every second angel are on guard over you, every moment God is thinking about you, and you are even seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Let's not even begin to talk about the royal chair you're sitting on)

Your real worth today is the size of your vision. Now, can you take a moment and envision yourself, you should be able to say out loud "I'm ........" If there's one scripture you should take home tonight, it is this "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the high." - Psalm 82:6

I'd like to end with this: whenever someone gives his life to Christ, his/her net-worth automatically increases.

Prayer:

Lord, help me to know my real worth in Jesus Name.


Oluwatobi Adesanya
For Daily Dealing Youth Devotional

No comments:

Post a Comment