Friday 28 August 2015

GRACE SUPERSEDES


In book of Ecclesiastes Solomon explains that wisdom excels folly as far as light excels over darkness. In the same vein grace also supersedes sin. As long as you're under the government of God's grace sin has no dominion over you. The government of grace is more powerful than that of sin.

Paul says that's "Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound". I just completed one of Kenneth Hagin's book titled "The Believers Authority". I had only read a few pages when the light of the word struck my heart on the state of sin. Now, when Jesus came, he didn't only come to cleanse us from our sins with his blood. He dealt with sin once and for all. That's why he won't come again to die, that's why he is presently seated in Heaven as the great high priest with an unchangeable priesthood.

Jesus announced the obituary of sin on the cross over 2000 years ago. What Satan tries to do is to make man believe that sin is still alive. Jesus became sin and took all of our iniquities from birth to death in himself and became the sacrifice for it. Let me explain better. My grandma died a few years ago. Before she died we were very close, I usually went on errands for her quite often. She was a great woman and I learnt a lot from her. But now she is dead, it is practically impossible for her now to call me to do anything for her. Why because she's dead. She's no more.

In the same way, you and I are dead to sin by virtue of what Jesus did. So what does the dead have to do with the living? Sin cannot therefore have dominion over you because it is no longer in government.

Jesus brought abundance of grace. Receive the flow today and reign over sin forever.

Central Truth: Grace supersedes sin.

FOCUS SCRIPTURE: Romans 5:19

Prayer:
LORD, I receive abundance of your grace today in Jesus Name. I declare that I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. Amen.
............
Today's Bible reading is from Proverbs 28.
............

Youth Devotional
@DailyDealings
Like on Facebook (Daily Dealings)

No comments:

Post a Comment