Monday 24 August 2015

MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS.


My mother was talking about certain events that occurred recently in our environment that clearly shows that many people have nothing to occupy their lives than sniffing around to know what happens in the lives of the people around them. It simply reminds me of that cliche that says "There are those that watch things happen and there are those that make things happen". Those who make things happen, those who take life seriously are always good ingredient for News and gossip for those who watch things happen.

Now this attitude isn't limited to older folks it applies to the youths as well. From the secondary to the tertiary there are always those who seem to know how to manage the business of others than theirs. Rather than bother on the progress of others, why not pursue your life's purpose and calling and soon enough you'd become News for others.

In 1 Thessalonians 4:11 it says "And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you". You've got your own life as a business. Be occupied in purposeful venture. What is the worth of a gossip? I'm sure it is not worth  a kobo.
Paul says it here as a command that you work with your own hands. Idleness gives room for idle talk. Be careful. You are too loaded with potential not to be busy doing something productive with your life.

Personally, I don't have the time and mental space to be bothered about the progress of others. I'm happy when I see my colleagues make progress. They're also happy and supportive when I accomplish milestones. That's the way it should be. I finished Youth Service and was home, there was no time to waste at all as God began to speak to me about the future of the youth organization I was running. I began work immediately. Teens Frank Talk is one of them. Other initiatives are going on behind the scene. I completed my fourth book few weeks after service. There was no room to be roaming around the street.

Do what is needful today. Focus on yourself. Mind your own business and the profits will be worth the while.

Central Truth: Your life is a business. Only you can make it worth it.

FOCUS SCRIPTURE: 1 Thessalonians 4:11

PRAYER:
LORD, help me to focus on your business for my life. I refuse to be idle in Jesus Name. Amen
................
Today's Bible Reading is Proverbs 25.
.................

Youth Devotional
@DailyDealings
Like on Facebook {Daily Dealings}

No comments:

Post a Comment