Friday 14 August 2015

LIVE LIKE A VIRUS

LIVE LIKE A VIRUS

I used to think that Christianity was more like an anti - virus to the virus of sin and evil in the world today. But now I think otherwise. The Christian life should be lived like a virus. Jesus said "I am come to set fire on the earth, and what will I, if it be already kindled?" That doesn't seem like he was operating with an "anti-viral" mindset. He operated like an invader. When he got into towns and places, demons will begin to scream ever before he even spoke a Word. He entered places and crowds gathered. He healed the sick, raised the dead. He gave the authorities sleepless nights. They had to call emergency meetings to address his issue.

Doesn't that seem more like how viruses operate. When your files are infected, don't they get you worried and concerned? Recently my memory card got spoilt, it got me worried. I know what it feels like. I'm glad because that's how the devil feels whenever he sees a child of God manifesting the power of God. Light excels darkness, the wisdom of God makes the devil useless.

God in the beginning invaded the earth with Light where darkness had previously been prevailing. Wherever I go to stay for a reasonable amount of time it doesn't take long before people recognise that i'm a Jesus child. Not because of my dressing, or an "holier than thou" attitude. It's because of the mindset I've developed over time.

While praying this morning, I finally realised that Satan, the devil, is the anti - virus. That's why he is "Anti - Christ"

Live like a Virus.

Central Truth: You're to live like a virus in your environment. Invade with  the light of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Focus Scripture: Luke 12:49

Prayer:
LORD, help me to live a contagious Christian life in Jesus Name. Amen
.......
Today's Bible Reading is From Proverbs 14.
............

Youth Devotional
@DailyDealings
Like on Facebook (Daily Dealings)

No comments:

Post a Comment