Friday 7 August 2015


Yes I knew that Paul had written that those who end up getting married will have distractions, but I often had reservations to that scripture until now. Paul puts it this way:
But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.......but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.  And this I speak for your own profit; ...... but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction. {edits mine}

I realised last night the impact a Family can have on a man.
I am presently in camp and I volunteered to work as one of the security officials in camp. I was attached to someone who was putting me through on the work and was practically following him about as this was my first time of working on camp. His family had just arrived yesternight after the night session had ended and afterwards he needed to see them. That took a long while because of network issues. Mean while we had been called on to attend to a situation in the auditorium, some people had just gotten healed and were walking. We were to prevent the crowd from putting unnecessary pressure on them.

I noticed how he had to treat some family matters as regards where they'd stay and all that, while work was waiting for us. I realised immediately that if the family wasn't there he wouldn't have tarried a while before attending to His responsibility.
This is a mild demonstration of a larger picture. Singleness is a blessing. Though you will be married someday and i as well. But know this Paul made a statement about singles like us, he said But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord.

Singles care for godly stuffs. This is the time for us to remember our creator, these are the times when we can have pleasure in doing things because the strength is available. Don't spend your strength on women, alcohol, or vain things. Invest your strength in an eternal cause.

Central Truth: Your singleness is extremely important. Spend your strength wisely.

FOCUS SCRIPTURE: 1 Corinthians 7:32-35

Prayer:
LORD, help me to maximise my singleness in Jesus Name. Amen.
......
Today's Bible Reading is Proverbs 7.
.......

Youth Devotional
@DailyDealings
Like on Facebook{Daily Dealings}

No comments:

Post a Comment